Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Silence of the Lambs

I'm 26 years old and watched The Silence of the Lambs for the first time last night. Yeah I know, but I was a very protected kid forced to watch PG-13 movies until I was 18. So my excuse for waiting 9 years to watch this thriller is fear. I was very afraid of this movie until I sat down and watched it.

It was tastefully done meaning the acting was good and the graphic scenes weren't that graphic. Check out CSI: SVU and tell me that's worse. And when The Silence of the Lambs came out back in 1991, graphic displays were a HUGE deal. People weren't used to seeing or imagining that kind of disturbia, now you can't watch your local news without going into shock mode.

TV desensitizes our minds. Radio rapes our ears. YouTube viloates our souls. Yeah yeah...life's full of smut. If you haven't watched The silence of the Lambs in a while, you should. Takes us back to simpler times. Times when people could be canabals and gentlemen. But that's another topic for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment