Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Topic of Being Cryogenically Frozen Heats Up.

Walt Disney once said, "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."  

There's a myth out there saying that Walt Disney was cryogenically frozen.   It's not true.  It's actually the opposite.  He was cremated in 1966.  He died of lung cancer.    

I listened to the latest This American Life podcast where they turned up the heat on cryonics.  It has inspired me.  Not because I want to be a popsicle when I die, but rather the possibility of achieving eternal life.   

As I got deeper into the podcast, the issues of being cryogenically frozen evolved into writing a "This is Just to Say" poem (kind of like a fake apology before we die).

If you haven't listened to the podcast, go ahead.  Do it now.  
I'll wait. (Click here to listen).  

Powerful stuff.  If you could come back in 50, 100 or 200 years after dying...what kind of world would you awaken to?  

Well.  Perhaps this is a bit heavy.  But it makes you think.  Going back to fake apologizes.  

If Walt Disney made a "This is Just to Say" poem for Mickey Mouse, it might have gone something like this:

While I created you,
I'm sorry I didn't make you anatomically correct.
What can I say.  
I was so young. Innocent.
You probably cursed my name after meeting Minnie.
But forgive me,
because your offspring would have been creepy.


Walt Disney left us with words of wisdom saying our dreams can come true if we work hard enough.  Maybe this phrase inspired the brains behind being cryogenically frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment